In this post, we will give you some good reasons to start a ketogenic diet, and some ideas you should think about before making this decision. Ketogenic diet is always controversial, and you must read this post to clear your mind.
- Fast fat burn, and weightloss. Probably faster than any other diet: in a ketogenic diet, your body uses your fat to get energy, and you WILL need energy so…you’ll burn fat.
- Educates your metabolism. Isn’t just an express diet in which you are condemned to eat a low calorie amount forever. The main goal is to educate your body to use the fat as it principal energy source. Even if you eat carbohydrates.
- You can eat some food that you couldn’t dream in a traditional diet like bacon, red meat, butter…obviously you will have to dispense with another delicious food, but nothing is perfect.
- Reduces appetite. Ketogenic diet is based in foodstuffs with highly satiating effect. This is really importat to fight against anxiety.
- Vitamin deficiency. You must include vegetables in your ketogenic diet, but isn’t always easy. Fruit have the same problem. If you can’t reach a healthy amount, a vitamin complex could help you.
- Bad breath. Ketonic bodies haven’t a sweet aroma…your girlfriend or boyfriend must deal with it.
- Lack of energy. Your body is used to consume a lot of carbohydrates to stay alive. Is not an easy business to change your type of fuel, but you can do it. After an adaptation period, this won’t be a problem anymore. Fat is a really eficient source of energy when your organism learn how to exploit it
- Hard to get used to. Ketogenic diet removes most of our basic foodstuffs: pasta, bread, fruit, sugar…all the food we used to love when we were children.
Above of it all, you must always do any diet under medical supervision.
Use this interesting information and read all our posts!